Luxaflex Window Fashions and Better Built Homes on how to design the perfect nursery
From features and pattern choices to lighting control and block out blinds, choosing the right window furnishings for a nursery can make all the difference to your family’s wellbeing. Why? Because young children are particularly sensitive to their surrounding environments. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the design experts at Better Built Homes to bring you the top six tips for creating the perfect nursery, featured on the Better Built Homes Blog. Here are just a few of our recommendations:
1. Safety is priority #1
Child safety must always be the top consideration when selecting window fashions for your nursery. Young children are naturally curious and aren’t always aware of potential risks around the home – so it’s vital you choose a product that has placed child safety as a priority, and meets the latest ACCC Child Safety Regulations. From cordless alternatives to motorised operating systems, there is a range of innovative designs that can reduce the risk of accidents.
2. Lighting control is key
Whether you want to darken the nursery or utilise natural light to brighten the room, lighting control is key when helping your child get the right amount of sleep at the right time. Different opacities in a window covering can filter or deflect sunlight to suit your unique needs. For example, Roller Blinds used in conjunction with a headbox and side channels is a great solution for a nursery needing maximum light control.
3. The perfect pattern makes all the difference
An eye-catching pattern can turn your blind act into the modern, flexible version of a ‘feature wall’, and provides the perfect backdrop for any nursery, bedroom or playroom. Better Built Homes recommends our very own Luxaflex printed fabrics, a collection of fun prints that can be both subtle and bold. Four gorgeous designs have just been launched into the Luxaflex Window Fashions range to delight cheeky monkeys and big kids alike.
The new collection includes a lively mix of animal block prints and striking motifs in a variety of colourways. Available in blackout and translucent opacities, the versatile designs are made to order as roller blinds, and created with child safety top of mind:
- Jungle - The Jungle range is a modern take on the ‘Where The Wild Things Are’ theme. Featuring a playful motif, the use of bright colours and friendly jungle characters makes this range perfect for boys and girls of multiple ages.
- Zebra - Monochrome continues to be a popular choice for the design-savvy mum and bub. The striking black and white Zebra print can be used as a stylish standalone feature, or as a strong base to complement brightly coloured cushions and plush toys.
- Elephant - The Elephant collection features a pastel block print in two gentle, on-trend colours that will add a layer of softness to a child’s room.
- Hedgehog - The Hedgehog fabric range is a highly versatile print with six trendy colourway options that will look good in any playroom or nursery.
When safety and style combine
From blinds and shutters, to soft shades and awnings, every Luxaflex product comes with a focus on innovation, durability, safety and style. We ensure all our window coverings are designed with child safety in mind, and are compliant with the latest ACCC Child Safety Regulations – so you know you’re choosing the best option for your family, without sacrificing style.
All Luxaflex Window Fashions are custom made to deliver a superior product that will not only last but will also provide the perfect fit to each window – ensuring minimal gaps where light can get through. Equally, our specialists will consider a variety of factors, and specifics like aspect, size, room function, and even building structure which will all impact the final product.
For our full list of nursery design tips, check out the full article on the Better Built Homes’ blog.